The objectives of the IV Mediterranean Forest Week are:
- Strengthen exchanges and synergies between stakeholders involved in the integrated management of Mediterranean forests and other woodlands.
- Follow up the Tlemcen Declaration and implement the Strategic Framework on Mediterranean Forests (SFMF): policy orientations for integrated management of forest ecosystems in the Mediterranean landscapes.
- Promote innovation, cross-sectoral cooperation and the development of the economy (including green economy and bioeconomy) to increase resilience of forested ecosystems.
- Involve key value chain stakeholders of goods and services provided by Mediterranean forests ecosystems (e.g. from the agriculture, water, energy, biodiversity conservation and tourism sectors) in order to incorporate their expectations as well as cross-sectoral issues into National Forest Programmes.
- Strengthen the link between science and decision makers to establish a common vision of the future of development and management of Mediterranean forests and woodlands.
- Prepare a presentation of the results of the IV MFW for the World Forestry Congress to be held in Durban in September 2015